Loans from the Housing Bank to individuals
You can apply for a loan from the Housing Bank to build or upgrade a house. The prerequisite is that you plan to meet high standards of environmental sustainability or accessibility.
Loans for high-quality housing (lån til boligkvalitet) are available to individuals who are building or significantly upgrading their main home.
By high standards, we mean the physical and environmental qualities of the building, such as:
- using eco-friendly building materials and good waste management practices during the construction period
- ensuring low energy consumption and using renewable energy sources
- avoiding high thresholds or other physical barriers inside and outside the home
You can choose between three different quality objectives:
- Eco-friendly buildings that have low energy consumption and use renewable energy sources.
- Lifetime homes with all of the rooms you need on the entrance level and with no physical barriers.
- Home upgrades to significantly lower energy consumption and improve accessibility.
If you are buying a home from a developer, you can also get a loan from the Housing Bank. The agent or developer can assist you with the application process.