How to apply for housing allowance

The easiest way for you is to apply online. If you do not have the opportunity, you can submit a paper application.

When you apply electronically, we collect some information from other public registers. You do not have to fill in all the information in the application yourself, and it will be easier for you to apply. Log in with MinID, BankID, Buypass or Commfides to apply.

Apply for housing allowance

Don't have an electronic ID?

How to get MinID (

How to get BankID (

How to get Buypass (

How to get Commfides (

Upload Attachments

You may need to upload attachments to your application. You can easily upload attachments to your online application using a mobile phone, tablet, or PC. Learn more about how to add attachments to your application.

Paper application form 

You must submit a paper application if

  • it is impossible for you to apply electronically.
  • you live in private shared housing. In that case you must also complete a separate form for shared housing. See below.
  • you pay tax on a child’s wealth and want a deduction for this. In that case you must also complete a separate form. See below.
  • someone is registered as living at the application address in the National Population Register, but doesn’t actually live there. This may apply to students who live where they study or other people who have not notified the National Population Register that they have moved. In your application, you must state who has moved out and why they haven’t notified the National Population Register. 

Application form for housing allowance (PDF)

Application form for shared housing (PDF)

Form for children’s wealth (PDF)

You cannot submit your application by e-mail. You must print it and send a paper copy to your municipality. Many municipalities use secure digital messages. Check on your local municipality’s website whether it offers this service.