Someone has moved out of the household
You must contact the person who has moved, and ask them to notify the National Population Register. If the person who has moved doesn’t report their move, you must contact the National Population Register yourself in order to correct the information.
Special rules for students and initial military service
People who are living away from home, such as students and people doing their initial military service, can be left off the application while they are living where they study or have been posted.
You can appeal if...
... someone has moved out of your household/property and should not have been included in the application.
This is what you must do:
- Complete the appeal form below. Remember to include
– the name and national identity number of the person who moved out
– the date when they moved out
– the reason why they haven’t notified the National Population Register
- Enclose relevant documentation, such as
– separation agreement
– tenancy agreement from their college/university (students)
– confirmation from the base they have been posted to (military service)
– any other documents showing that the person has moved
- Send your appeal and new application in paper to the municipality’s postal address. You can find the address on the decision letter you received.
Appeal form – decision
Appeal against decision – bokmål (PDF)
Appeal against decision – nynorsk (PDF)